Thursday, December 19, 2013

What A Way To End The Year

I made a last minute decision to have a total knee replacement in December.  I had known for a while that my knee was getting worse and that it was time, but I had thought I would wait until the summer.  Then because of some of Rod and Daren’s medical bills, our deductible was met for the year.  I prayed to know if this was the time and felt that if I could get into the Dr. that would be my answer.  I made the phone call on a Friday and the secretary scheduled me for the following Wednesday to see if this would be possible.  I still wasn’t sure there would be a surgery date in December, but sure enough they were doing some on Saturdays for the month.  I guess that was the answer and we scheduled.I spent Thanksgiving week getting everything ready for Christmas and then took 2 weeks off from school.  I should be able to return after the Christmas Holiday.  

Things have gone quite well.   The Dr. said that things look really well and I am ahead of schedule.  I sometimes feel a little frustrated with getting back to doing things.  The muscles are still really stiff and sore. Here are a couple of ugly pictures. It isn’t pretty but it does feel somewhat better already. I am glad it is done and behind me.

DSC00545DSC00549DSC00543

No comments:

Post a Comment