Sunday, May 3, 2009

THE BIG DAY

We have experienced our first wedding and reception. Our feet were sore and bruised, our bodies ached, but our hearts were filled with happiness. We feel so blessed to have wonderful friends and family who support us through all of life's journeys.



Rod Warren Rockwood and Stephanie Lynn Pettingill were married in the Idaho Falls LDS Temple for Time and All Eternity on April 25, 2009. The weather had been predicted to be stormy, but the sun was shining and NO WIND. It was beautiful for pictures outside the Temple. The atmosphere inside the Temple was also perfect. The bride and groom were beaming. They would have brightened up even a gloomy day. Brother Bruce Eckersell sealed them and his words were inspiring to all of us. I wish I could remember everything that he said.





The luncheon turned out really nice. I had worried about uncooked food, burnt food, and not enough food. My prayers were answered and it all came together. I think the only problem was too much food which I can live with. We used centerpieces from Natalie Jenkin's daughters wedding reception and the room was so springy and bright. All of our friends and family pitched in to help with cooking, serving, and cleaning up. I seriously don't know how it could be done without all of them.




I could have never imagined the turnout for the reception. There was a huge crowd of friends and relatives. It was good to see everyone of them and I wish we would have had more time to visit and catch up on all of the news. We are so fortunate to live in a close-knit community of where your neighbors spread for miles all around. At the end we were exhausted but we wouldn't have changed a thing...and it feels good to have a daughter.



The happy couple are now living in Iona and setting up house. We love when they call or drop in to say hi or have a bite to eat. It's a little different not having Rod at home, but it feels right.

2 comments:

  1. It was a very nice day. I am sure that it does feel good to have a daughter. Steph has already kind of been that for you anyway. Everything went perfectly from my view point. They are a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I got to see pics. They look so happy. Everything looks....Perfect.

    ReplyDelete