Saturday, May 18, 2013

Forget-Me-Nots

In September 2011 at the General Relief Society Broadcast, President Uchdorf gave a talk and used a metaphor of the little blue flower called the “Forget-Me-Not”. He said, “The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget.”

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.

2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.

3. Forget not to be happy now.

4.  Forget not the “why” of the gospel.

5.  Forget not that the Lord loves you.

Last summer I had a small package of forget-me-not seeds that I planted at the farm in a large tractor tire by the trailer.  Little green plants grew all year but never flowered.  I decided that it was not the climate for growing this delicate little flower and that I would need to plant a different variety in that planter the following summer.

IMG_0765

When we moved the trailer to the farm this year in early May, I was surprised to see green plants in the planter.  I didn’t think they would winter through and still be there.  I really thought if anything it might just start from seeds again.  This weekend when we came up, there were little flowers blooming already.  I hope that they will continue to bloom each year and be a reminder of the lessons taught by President Uchdorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment