Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Little Red Jeep

Doug showed up at school one afternoon after the kids had left.  I was surprised to see him there and wondered if there was a problem or something.  He said he just came to get me to go for a ride.  I asked where we were going and did I need to leave things for a substitute.  No, it was just for a short ride.  So, I cleaned things up and we headed to the parking lot.  As we left the building, I looked around for his pickup and couldn’t see it.  I thought maybe he had taken it in for some repairs and was driving something else.  He said his “outfit” was over there and after looking more closely I saw a red jeep parked with dealer plates.  OH NO!  I had asked him to go buy Reed a birthday present and he explained it was my fault that this jeep was on the way to the store.  And…it was red, and a hard top, and just what he had always wanted.  He traded off the car Scott had driven and bought this jeep.  Crazy!  Plus, his reasoning is that I will have something to drive to the farm this summer.  Always thinking of me!

IMG_0437

No comments:

Post a Comment