Saturday, December 3, 2011

More Remodeling

Doug and I decided that for our Christmas gifts this year we would make some changes in the house.  We have been wanting to get new countertops for quite awhile and decided to make the move to granite.  We were pleasantly surprised by the quote and so Doug said I could get carpeting as well (another item on my wish list).  I didn’t wait for him to change his mind. 

The granite has been installed.  It was interesting to see the process. Doug did the tile work for the backsplash area.  I LOVE IT!  It has made quite a difference already.

101_0041101_0042

The next step was replacing the carpet throughout most of the upstairs. This carpet has been down since we built onto the house 15 years ago. Again the decision is hard to make from a small sample. I was a little concerned when they first started rolling out the carpet that it was too light. Now that it is laid and fluffed, it is looking much better and I am enjoying it. It is always fun to have something new. We took some of the old carpet and carpeted the stairs and living area downstairs. It makes a difference to have that changed as well.

The carpeting was installed at the beginning of December.  It postponed the Christmas decorating, but it was worth the wait. 

101_0059101_0060

No comments:

Post a Comment