Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sanity and Satisfaction

I have a need to see accomplishment in my days.  I am a list maker and love to check items off the list to be able to see that I have been busy.  Even when watching TV I usually will be working on the computer or doing some handiwork.  I blame this behavior on my mother who is always working on a project. 

My latest endeavor has been sewing.  I have a cousin (as well as my mom) who is always sewing cute things.  We visited her in October and I was inspired to fix up a sewing room and then attempt some projects.  Before Thanksgiving I rearranges a bedroom and organized my sewing supplies.  Now I have a place to work without messing up the kitchen table.105_0105

Since then I have been making holiday table runners, towel aprons, and receiving blankets.105_0109

105_0107

  I bought some material to make a strip baby quilt and decided to learn a new skill.  Mom helped me get started and I was excited to see the results.    

Before anyone gets the idea that there is something to announce, there’s not!  I will just store them in the closet until the day when I might have grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Your sewing room looks great - and the strip quilt is darling, as well as your new table runners! Sew fun!!!

    Love to you all!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete