Sunday, January 17, 2010

Young Women Personal Progress

I am back serving in the Young Women Program but this time I am in the Stake. I enjoy working with the Young Women especially because I don't have any girls of my own. Recently we have been visiting the wards and I am impressed with what wonderful YW there are today. Despite the influences of the world they are standing strong as the theme for this year states,
"Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
Joshua 1:9.

As I youth I earned my Young Women awards and later as a ward leader I again earned the YW medallion. Just as I was released from Young Women's, the personal progress program was changed and I missed being able to earn the lastes award, however beginning this year the program has been revised again and I am now starting to earn my new YW medallion.

The Personal Progress Booklet has been updated and the medallion now includes the class emblems from when I was a girl in Mutual and a red ruby for the new value, virtue. I am excited to get the chance to continue to progress in the Gospel. Sometimes I need the extra incentive from an organized plan.

3 comments:

  1. I love the new Personal Progress program. Your Stake is lucky to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved YW's. I heard about the new value. I think that it is awesome they did that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I earned my medallion when I was in Young Women's, yet as I have been working in the YW program I decided to earn the medallion again. It has been the neatest experience, it has added so much to my personal study. It will be fun to hear how would are coming with the projects, as well as what projects that you decided to do. Enjoy--it really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete