Monday, October 5, 2009

A Favorite Fall Treat

All of my boys have a love of fruit leather. Doug's mom is always making it and keeps a stash for when they visit. I will make a few rolls now and then especially in the fall when the apples are plentiful. Last week we bottled lots of applesauce and made some into fruit leather. I just spread about 2 cups of sauce on a plastic lined cookie sheet and dry in my convection oven on 170 degrees. It usually takes 5-8 hours. This year we even sauced some plums and dried them. It was gone in a flash. I want to send some to Daren. I might have to hide it.



6 comments:

  1. Yummmy! I think Ill go make some too!
    Love to all the Rockwoods!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Just want ya to know I am following your blog. Whoo Hooo Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fruit leather never turns out, I am going to have to try doing it your way and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I bet it smells wonderful! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANN!!! I found your blog when I was "blog-hopping"! So glad I did! That fruit leather looks pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love fruit leather too! In fact, my Mom just gave us some last week and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete