Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Scott is 16 - WOW!

My baby boy turned SIXTEEN on June 30th. It is really hard for me to believe that he is that old. We took him to "Red Robin" for lunch. I mentioned him being the birthday boy to the hostess and he got just a little upset with me. Lunch was good and the company great, but no birthday song and so I asked the waitress again. She came back to the table with an ice cream sundae, balloons, and some co-workers. I thought they would just sing, BUT she did a SHOUT OUT to the entire restaurant telling them it was Scott's birthday and he was turning sweet 16. Everyone clapped and then they did a birthday rap. It was a lot of fun. Scott turned a few shades of RED and said he'd get even with me. It will be a birthday he won't forget.

Later he went to the lake with the teacher's quorum and then had banana pudding with everyone. He got a new fly fishing rod and can't wait for his brothers to take him on a fishing trip.
I'm so glad we have Scott in our family. He is one very special boy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Scotty! How is the drivers license coming?

    ReplyDelete